Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Cooking || Butternut Squash and Ginger Soup

Helloooo,

Just a quick simple recipe of my favourite warming soup!


You will need:
Ingredients:
1 Butternut Squash
1 tbsp of Olive Oil
1 leek
2 thumb sized piece of ginger
1 litre vegetable stock
1 onion
3 cloves of garlic crushed

Tools:
Vegetable Chopping Board
Large Knife
Paring Knife
Ice Cream Scoop (trust me on this one)
Large Saucepan
Wooden Spoon
Ladle
Food Processor
Measuring Jug (to make stock in)

Step One
Prepare the vegetables. The butternut squash must be peeled, de-seeded and cut into 1" pieces. I like to slice the butternut squash and the remove the skin, I also use and ice cream scoop to remove the seeds and stringy bits from it. The onion needs to be roughly diced. The leek simply sliced into half an inch slices and the ginger peeled and finely chopped.



Step Two
Heat the Olive Oil in a large pan.

Step Three
Add the vegetables to the pan and stir-fry until starting to brown.



Step Four
Add the stock and leave to simmer until the butternut squash is soft.


Step Five
Once soft add to food processor and blend until liquid.

Step Six
Season as required and serve.



I like to serve the soup with a couple of crotons and a little sprinkling of cheese.

Let me know how you get on. Send me your pictures on Instagram @DanniSaint

Lots of Love 

No comments:

Post a Comment