Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Review & Swatches || Mac Lustre Lipstick in Sweetie

Hellooo 

Now back in the summer when I just happened to find myself in Gatwick Airport I may have purchased A LOT of duty free makeup and perfume. I mean what else are you supposed to do in an airport! I picked up numerous items including this little offering from Mac. It is the Lustre formula in Sweetie.


It caught my eye as it was the most pretty shimmery pink in the tube. However when I swatched it I was presented with a beautiful easy-to-wear glossy pink. MAC describe the shade as 'a very sweet pink', the shade really does look a tad Barbie-doll esque. As you can see the from the swatch below it is sheer, light, pearlescent - basically everything I look for in a lipstick - and it is nowhere near overwhelming as I had expected. 

I was even happier with the result when I applied it to my lips. Sweetie gives you a polished, gentle-looking, oh-so-slightly-shimmery, candy (but not Barbie) pink lips. The shade is pigmented just enough to show up and make my lips look slightly pinker than normal, but due to its sheer finish, the look is very subtle. For a more intense look you can apply numerous coats of the lipstick as it is very buildable. Basically I will never again judge a lipstick by the colour of the stick! 

MAC lipsticks retail at £15.50 nationwide but if you are going away you can pick the up in duty-free for £12.00. HAve you tried any MAC Lustre Lipsticks? Which are your favourite colours? 

Lots of Love 

No comments:

Post a Comment