Friday, 29 August 2014

Review & Swatches || Mac Cremesheen in Hot Gossip

Hello,

Feel like I am back on top of posts again, so standby for reviews and general chit chat posts! 

Today I am reviewing a Mac Lipstick in one of my favourite shade, Hot Gossip. As you can see it has been well loved!


Hot Gossip is part of the permanent line, and is described as a 'mid-tone pinky plum'; it is a Cremesheen formula and is available for £15.50. Personally, despite only using a few mac lipsticks, Cremesheen is my favourite finish. I have read reviews from other bloggers who find the finish drying - I, on the other hand, find the opposite. I find it moisturising and my lips feel soft. 

The Cremesheen finish, true to its name, applies with a creamy feel with a slight 'shine' without looking glossy or wet. I find that it lasts around two hours before it starts to fade to a pink tint on my lips.

Hot Gossip is a medium pink with a slight purple tinge to it, it leans toward a cool/cold colour if you ask me - it isn't too cool that warm skin tones couldn't pull it off. I have a slight yellow undertone to my skin and I love this colour. 

The colour is a cream with no shimmer. It looks great with a variety of makeup looks. It's a nice soft pink that is noticeable without being too loud and in your face. 


If you are not familiar with the classic MAC lipstick scent, you need to familiarise yourself with it. It is a lovely vanilla scent that reminds me of vanilla cupcakes and vanilla frosting. 

I only own a handful of MAC lipsticks because the price is a tad steep for me, so I am really picky when I choose my shade. Have you tried this shade? What is your favourite MAC lipstick formula and colour?

Lots of Love 

No comments:

Post a Comment