Thursday, 19 June 2014

Review || Lush Catastrophe Cosmetic Fresh Face Mask

Hello All,

I'm Literally at the last straw now with my skin now just as I though 'yeah I can finally see a difference it's looking clear' BAM I'm hit with the worlds worst hormonal breakout :(. So this meant I need to go to my local Lush store and pick up a little pot of Cupcake fresh face mask, but heavens forbid they had sold out so after a chat with one of the girls in store (who was so lovely and helpful) I settled for Catastrophe Cosmetic.


I've been using the Catastrophe Cosmetic mask for a couple of weeks every two to three days and I have to admit  have I have a few reservations. So this is going to be a glowing review I'm afraid. 

Lush sell Catastrophe Cosmetic as 'a deep cleansing mask ... designed for regular maintenance to keep the skin clean and clear'. Over time 'regular deep cleaning can avoid spots occurring and keep skin in top condition'. Is it just me or is that really bad english? The mask is packed full of fresh ingredients such as calamine, rose absolute and chamomile essential oils, softening Irish Moss gel and Almond Oil. The mask seems like a great opinion for sensitive skin. The main ingredient in Catastrophe Cosmetic is fresh blueberries are packed full of antioxidants ideal for clearing skin and getting rid of impurities, talc is also used to draw out nasties clogging the skin up. Now this all sounds really positive and what I'd like to have in a face mask. 


As you can see it's not the nicest of colours, looks a bit sludgy when it is on, with the chunks of blueberries visible on the skin.  I really like the smell of the mask, it is fresh and 'natural' smelling. The mask, like all other fresh face masks, needs to be kept in the fridge. This means when they are super cool when you put it on, which I love! If you don't like this you could take it out of the fridge fifteen minutes before you use it.  

I actually feel like this mask does offer as many applications as other fresh face masks from Lush do. I think I am only going to get about three uses from the tub whereas as with Cupcake I usually get five or six applications, but I like to layer the mask on fairly thickly. I left Catastrophe Cosmetic on for about 10 minutes until it started drying out. As soon as it started to dry I found that it removed itself as a result of me making stupid facial expressions. Anyone else do this when wearing a face mask?! It flakes of in lumps and a fine powder. Then I washed the remainder of the mask off with warm water and muslin cloth then pat my face dry and finally moisturized.

Before I moisturized my skin feel very dry and tight especially in my acne prone areas (jaw line, chin and cheeks). I was hoping for my skin to feel smoothed and softened, so I was pretty disappointed. However the dry skin on my nose did feel softer and was not as red, so that was a positive. After using it three times now I have not noticed any reduction in breakout or blemishes. My blemishes are still very angry looking and sore, which I was hoping would go away.

I don't think I am going to repurchase this mask as it has really dried my skin out which hasn't been good when it is hot and sunny out because my skin is just looking worse for wear. The mask dried really powdery and I didn't like this, perhaps it is the inclusion of talc. I presume talc would cause a powdery base. I have seen some pretty positive reviews of Catastrophe Cosmetic so many I am just one of those unlucky people who just can't get on with it!

You can pick up Catastrophe Cosmetic in store or here for £6.25.

Lots of Love 

2 comments:

  1. That's such a shame! I love lush masks, i really enjoy the Love Lettuce one x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was really disappointed with it. I haven't tried the Lettuce one before, what's it like ?
      Danielle xo

      Delete