Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Review || Dolce By Dolce & Gabbana Perfume

Hello All My Beauties,

After watching the highly romantic advert for Dolce I was expecting a beautiful, highly feminine scent which transported me to the orange groves in the advert. The advert was full of such perfect magic, friendly and talkative adults and an innocent conspiracy of children, who enjoyed supported a romance. The orange blossom in the advert made me not even consider the scent being any other kind of flower.



When I finally spritzed the fragrance I was pleasantly surprised, it was not the fresh scent of orange blossom I could smell but a scent I just could quite put my finger on. However, I was hopelessly in love with it so swiped up the biggest bottle and rushed it over to the till. 

After arriving back home I popped Dolce into google so I could find out a bit more about the scent as I was a little confused. I opened up the official Dolce page on the Dolce & Gabbana website and this is what it had to say....

Top 
The fragrance opens with a brightly-coloured, sweet-smelling explosion of Neroli leaves and Papaya flower, dissipating into a floral bouquet as the core of the fragrance emerges.
Heart 
A unique and opulent combination of White Water Lily and bold White Daffodil blend perfectly with full-bodied White Amaryllis, a South African flower used for the first time ever in scent.
Base 
This floral signature is counterbalanced by the background of warm musky notes, along with the complex accents of Cashmeran; leaving a sensual trail of light woods, earthy tones and piquant spices.

Now I must be honest this is just a load of fancy language to me. All I took from this was the use of the South African flower, White Amaryllis, the specimen used in Dolce is specifically from the Fynbos region of South Africa. It has a rich and generous odour, whereas White Amaryllis found elsewhere do not. The bud of the flower grows at different speeds so each has a different intensity of scent. Dolce & Gabbana have blended this into their fragrance for the first time ever using 'Headspace Technology' which captures the exact scent of the flower when it is in full bloom without having to cut it and grind the petals to extract the essential oil. 

After reading all this I could tell I have a very special bottle of perfume in my hands and decided it was to be saved for special occasions. Honestly you need to go and try it. This is my new favourite perfume and I am going to keep a bottle of it for a long time in  my collection. 

Lots of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment