Thursday, 29 May 2014

Review || Dior Diorskin Airflash Spray Foundation

Helloooo,

Now I have had this can in my foundation draw around about six to eight months now, but I just don't seem to find myself reaching for it very often. Anyway I thought I'd share with you my views. 

Before I purchased this foundation I did a bit of research on it because its £33 which is pricey. the reviews seems on the whole fairly positive. The Dior Diorskin Airflash Foundation is a spray foundation, the idea of it seems very simple and genius, it saves time and isn't anywhere near as much hassle as a liquid foundation. So I popped over to my local Debanhams to the Dior counter and asked to be colour matched (please make sure you get matched!) Firstly the lady at the counter didn't really seem to know much about make up artistry as a career, don't get me wrong she knew the products inside out but not much more about the industry. She treated me to a full makeover, which was lovely. She matched me to 320 sand which is the second darkest shade. The range only actually has five different shades in it. So make sure you are matched it's an expensive mistake to make. 

To apply the foundation I like to tie my hair back hold the can roughly 8 inches away from my face and spray a fair amount of the spray onto my skin. I then leave it to dry for 30 seconds or so and blend it in around my eyes, nose and jaw. The lady at the counter recommended that for a natural cover to spray less and leave it to dry naturally.
Before Blending 
After Blending 
To be fair the result is a flawless finish, it is great for evening wear as it doesn't have SPF it in, so less flashback, and it is long lasting. It is a medium to high coverage foundation with a matte finish, but still looks natural. Dior state that it is suitable for all skin types, I have combination to oily and I seem to get on fine with it. So my views are mainly positive so I really don't understand why I don't reach for it more often, from now on I will try to use it more regularly!

Have you tried this foundation or any other Dior foundations? 

Lots of Love 


2 comments:

  1. I'm so tempted by this - it looks so amazing when blended! What is the staying power like?

    Josie xoxo Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a great foundation and is amazing for taking photographs as it is good coverage and is matte. It is okay regarding lasting power but not the best on the market.
      Danielle xo

      Delete