Friday, 11 April 2014

Review || Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum

Hello My Lovely Subscribers,

Another review for you all. As spring is well upon us now, it is time to change my skin and make up routine. My skin becomes slightly more oiling as the temperature rises, which means if I use a full/medium coverage foundation I end up with a terrible breakout which I just cannot get rid off.  

The Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum is the newer version of the Healthy Mix Foundation. It differs as it is a gel formula which more light weight than an ordinary foundation but still lasts 16 hours with a semi-matte finish.

This product is known as a dupe for Chanel Vitalumiere as Bourjois is own by Chanel this sounds pretty reasonable to me. They are both ultra-lightweight and natural radiant. Chanel Vitalumiere costs £32.00 whereas the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum is only £10.99. 

Instant blending gel, flawless complexion, undetectable coverage. 
The gel is very easy to blend in and is streak-free, even if you just apply it with your fingers. Even though it is does not give you a very full coverage it does actually minimise blemishes and redness. It is labelled as a gel/serum but it does just feel like a very lightweight foundation, it is similar to a BB cream. 

Vitamin-rich fruits: Lychee, goji berries, pomegranate. 
Due to this formula it is fresh and light, which can only be a good thing for your skin. Also it smells amazing and fruity. The ingredients that cosmetic companies add to products for fragrance are know to irritate skin, I haven't experienced this with this product so the fragrance is an added bonus.  

I used Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder to set the gel/serum and it lasts all day. It is great for days which you don't want a heavy foundation on but it still offers a light coverage on blemishes and redness. I would say this is a great spring/summer essential and I plan to repurchase it once it has all gone.

Lots of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment