Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Review || Superdrug Detoxifying Dead Sea Mud Face Mask

Hello my lovelies

Another review for you today! I have had this mask a while because I really needed to try it a few time to make sure it good because I really did think it was too good to be true! You know when you find a product and you just think 'where have you been all my life?' Well this mask is that product for me. I picked it up around Christmas time because I needed a detoxing mask as my skin was going a bit crazy, I had am awful breakout, dry patches and oil hatches all at the same time. I was tempted to splash out on Origins Clay Mask but as it being Christmas the cash was a bit sparse, so I settled for this one and I am very happy that I did especially that it comes with a £2.59 price tag, bargain alert! Clay masks are the best for unclogging pores and helping to clear blemishes up.

The mask goes on very easily for a clay mask, it has a really smooth texture and glides on. I often find that clay masks can be very difficult to work with as the can be very thick and really cold when applying to the face. The packaging is cute, it's a nice purple colour and I think looks like to a tad more expensive than it is. The smell is one of those love hate kind of smells, I love it and find it really relaxing but my mum couldn't stand it when she used it. 

When you apply the mask it makes you skin tingle, not a painful sting but a 'I can feel my skin being detoxified' tingle! Also the face is a dark muddy greedy brown as you'd expect from a clay mask, but you do still look like an alien. When the mask starts to dry I have noticed that the areas with impurities, for me it's my nose and chin, stay a dark colour literally looks like the mask has sucked the imputations right out. I find this oddly fascinating, just shows the mask is doing exactly what it says. 

Superdrug suggest that you leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes or until it goes stiff, which is what I usually do. This ends up being roughly half an hour once it's done, so I like to light a few candles and read my book, which is currently Pictures of Lily by Paige Toon. 

My only niggle with this mask is that it is fairly difficult to remove with my water and your hands, you need to use a muslin cloth. But once it is off I can see the difference in my skin, it's smooth to touch, my blemishes has substantially reduced in size, it literally does everything it says on the tube! 

This is a great face mask and I defiantly recommend it especially for the price! 

Lots of Love 


4 comments:

  1. I've used this face mask before and I really loved it. It did great for my skin.

    Alisha || www.thealishadiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, just picked up the witch hazel version looking forward to giving it a go ! Danielle xo

      Delete
  2. I've never tried this! But it's sound really good :-)

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great because it is so affordable and as the same effects as Glam Glow which is crazy expensive! Danielle xo

      Delete