Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Review || Seventeen On The Spot Foundation

Helloooo My Lovelies, 

I hope you are all well. Got ANOTHER review again, sorry  but I have got to share this foundation with you all. Over the past month I have found myself reaching more and more for the Seventeen On The Spot Foundation. Seventeen claim that it offers full coverage and can help you get clearer skin in 4 weeks. Now this is a huge statement! Full coverage to me means clogging pores up and actually making skin worse, well that's has been my experiences with drug store foundations. So of course I have to say I was intrigued by it. I had read any reviews so I was heading in a bit blind. So I popped to Boots and snapped my bottle up. Firstly I have to say the colour choice is a bit limited with only 6 shades to choose from, however the shade Natural is perfect for me. 

Starting off with the packaging. I love it. It comes in a squeezy silver tube with a pump and lid. I am super pleased it comes with a lid because even if pumps lock I still think it is good to have a lid because they do get messy. It great packaging as you are going to be able to get all the product out and not have that annoying little bit stuck in the bottom of the bottle. 

The foundation has SPF 15 with is good. It will protect your skin from the sun, if we ever get any. The foundation is suppose to be full coverage, I actually think it is medium to full coverage. If I am being lazy and using my fingers to apply it, it looks like a medium coverage foundation. But when I use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, it defiantly is full coverage. I have seen a lot of debate on the blogmesphere about the coverage of this foundation, some reviews say its light coverage, whereas some people like myself say its full. I really think it is how you apply it. As the Expert Face Brush is very dense, the product isn't moved over the skin as much, something like that anyway! 

It has a nice texture it glides onto the skin. It does behave very much like a liquid foundation, it is more like a whipped creamy mousse. It can be fairly difficult to blend and can cling to dry skin, which can be a huge pain in the arse. 

In terms of lasting power, I would say it lasts all day. I have actually put this foundation on in the morning had it on all day, then gone out for dinner and a few drinks in the evening still with the same foundation on, I have only had to power to reduce shine. It is a matte finish so I think that is why it stays put for so long. I give it a big double thumbs up for staying around for so long. 

I would say it is suitable for all skin types, maybe not great for dry skin but it is okay if you blend it out properly. I would avoid it if you had super dry skin because it does have all these spot fighting ingredients which are going to dry the skin out. 

In the way of clearing up my skin, I tried it for about 5 weeks so plenty of time to make a good judgement. the packaging claims to help you to get clearer skin in 4 weeks. I found that the amount of small surface spots I was getting reduced, by small surface spots I mean little white heads. However the amount of painful under-the-surface spots I got increased, but they weren't red just had a lump. So it did look like my skin was clearing up. I do actually prefer to have fewer of the large spots than the little white heads, so I do think the product works. It defiantly doesn't make your skin worse so that's always good, I find cheap foundations often do. It contains Salicylic Acid which is the famous acne fighting ingredient, it also has Iron oxides in which tries your skin and therefore your spots. 

The foundation is £6.99 but I had a £2 off voucher. You can buy it from Boots stores or here online.  

This is the Boots promo video for the foundation have a watch and see what you think. 


Have you tried the On The Spot Foundation? Let me know what you think in the comments below. 

Lots of Love 


Don't forget to subscribe on bloglovin' I'm doing a giveaway when I hit 100 subscribers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment