Monday, 24 March 2014

Review || L'Oréal Paris Collection Privée Colour Riche Cheryl's Nude

Hello all, 

Hope you are enjoying the start of the spring, I certainly am. Feel like summer is just around the corner now. Super excited! Popped into Boots a while back after reading a tone of reviews on L'Oréal's limited edition lipstick range of tailored nudes. Finding a nude lipstick can be difficult - what may be 'nude' on one person can be too light or dark on another. Which is why L'Oréal have called upon their celebrity spokes models to each release their perfect nude. 

Cheryl Cole, Eva Longoria, Doutzen Kroes, Freida Pinto, Juilanne Moore and Liya Kedebe each worked with colour designer Orrea Light to develop a lipstick shade which compliment and enhanced their features. The collection is made up of six colours, one for each of the spokeswomen who are a mixture of ethnicities so their really is a shade for anyone. 

I picked up the Cheryl shade as I feel she is probably the closest to my skin tone and we share brown hair and eyes. When I first put the lipstick on it was not easy to apply. I find sometimes with drugstore lipsticks they have a almost waxy layer which you first need to breakthrough before you can use the lipstick to its full potential. The formula is light and contains a hint of gloss so it is very comfortable to wear; it does not dry your lips out and can be reapplied regularly without caking or dragging. I also really like the smell it reminds me of 'old school' make up or really classy make up. The smell reminds me of going to my grandmothers and playing with her make up that was all Lancôme and Éstee Lauder. 

The shade really is a 'your lips but better' shade it is very subtle and wearable light pink-brown with the tiniest shimmer in which just catches the light. Although it is a very generic shade I feel elegant when I wear this colour, so it gets a big thumbs up from me!! I love how understated this colour is, it add just a little something to any make up look with ease. It's not a groundbreaking lippy but with chezza's name on it I'm sure it will end up in handbags across the country. 





Lots of Love 


No comments:

Post a Comment