Monday, 16 December 2013

Review || No7 Glamour Box

Helloooo My Lovelies, 

Hope you are all well. I thought I write up my review I promised of the No7 Glamour Box.

As you will see from my Collective Haul post a couple of days ago I got a freebie when I brought a couple of No7 make-up items. The freebie is called a glamour box and comes in this really cute light pinky purple box. I mean it look at it, it does look pretty and girly. The box itself is worth £29 and has four items in two full size and two miniatures. I usually am really impressed with the freebies you get with make-up in Boots and specifically No7. I love how you get a mixture of both full size and travel size products. Also I noticed that this box contained No7 Extreme Length Extend Mascara one of my all time favourites! So this was just an added incentive to buy two make up items. 



The box itself contains the Stay Precise Felt Tip Eyeliner in Black, Extreme Length Extend Mascara, High Shine Lipgloss in Whisper and Stay Perfect Eye shadow in the central colour from the Good Earth Trio. The eyeliner and lipgloss are both full size and the shadow and mascara are miniatures. 
As I have send above the mascara is one of my favourites. Firstly I really like the packaging of No7 Mascaras, they always have a lovely metallic finish to the tube. Which makes they a little more enjoyable to use I think. The applicator is plastic, I usually don't like plastic applicators, but I seem to agree with this one. The mascara really does live up to its name, it makes the most of every millimetre of each lash. It does this without forming clumps or sticking all the lashes together. Overall it achieves a long lash effect but still looks very natural and pretty.  

As for the lipgloss I am not a fan of No7 High Shine Glosses in general I find them incredibly tacky and sticky on the lips. I am also not a fan of the colour this one is in Whisper a pinky beige with a huge amount of silver and gold shimmer throughout. One good thing about the gloss is that is has SPF 15 and it is enriched with vitamins that protect and care for you lips. But still the formula is not great and feel horrible. 


I was super excited by the Stay Precise Felt Tip Liner as I have never used a product such as this one. From what I have seen on the Blogmoshpere this product is either a love of hate product and regrettably I am in the hate corner. I normally use Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in 01 Black with a Mac 209 brush and I love it. The No7 liner is not pigmented it comes out a wishy washy almost black grey colour. Now that isn't the only disappointment the colour seems to bleed across my lids, just end up everywhere. DO NOT waste your money on this product it is awful. 

The final product is probably my favourite out of all of them, the Stay Perfect Eye shadow. It is a beautiful colour and I will probably go out and buy the Good Earth Trio when this runs out. It is a shimmer shadow and it isn't the most pigmented shadow out there but it is buildable. I used this shadow yesterday to achieve a pinky browny purpley smokey eye for a family meal and I thought it looked really elegant and classic. You could also use this day to day just on its own. 

Overall the box is okay, if you are buying No7 products great why not. But you are not don't go out of your way to buy products to get the box. 

Have any of you tried these products or brought the box? 





No comments:

Post a Comment