Saturday, 14 December 2013

Review || Lush Santa's Lip Scrub

Hello My Lovelies, 


Apologise for my lack of blogs later I have been having a rather shoddy time. I am ridiculously stressed due to my huge amount of uni assignments I have to do and I was also having a bit of relationship hiccup but all seems to be resolved now. 

Well today I wanted to do a little review for you. I am a bit fan of Lush and especially their Lip Scrubs. I love them all and think they are great for the winter as my lips take a battering from the wind and bitter cold. And applying lipstick on tops looks awful so I saw this one and tried it straight away, like all of the Lip Scrubs it is a caster sugar and coconut oil, this one is flavoured with cherries and dates.
Lush's have model this product on Mrs. Claus saying 'think this is exactly the kind of product Mrs. Claus would like to use to get her lips soft and healthy for the festive season.'

I think it sort of defeats the object of Lush, natural and fresh, it's a really artificial taste but it is pleasant. This also contains a red colouring which is safely edible and won't stain your lips, although I find that if you wet the scrub slightly it washes off the sugar and give the lips a nice, rosy tint. The scrub exfloliates and buffs the lips to remove dry skin and softens out lumps and bumps. However one thing I did not realise when I tried  it in store is that it had little sugar paper hearts on the top. I ended out picking these out. Now I can see how this would be a nice edition but they just annoy me. They get in the way when I am using it, I don't like them. 




I think this is a bit of a let down really it doesn't taste like Coca-Cola at all and the hearts are so annoying! It is not very festive flavour either, I would have chosen gingerbread or cinnamon for a festive edition to the Lip Scrub family. But it does the job. 

Lots of Love 


No comments:

Post a Comment