Sunday, 15 December 2013

My Favourite Lipsticks Autumn/Winter 2013

Hello My Lovelies,

Hope those your new year resolutions are still in motion, I am trying hopelessly save money still! I swear Boots and Primark are stealing money from me!

Toady I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite lipsticks, I have been wearing throughout the winter. I have picked out eight and have swatched them all. I will try and provide as many link to the product as I can.

From wrist down:

Number One
This might be a surprise to you but this lipstick is a Miss Sporty Perfect Colour Lipstick in 059 High Red. I would never usually buy Miss Sporty make-up as it reminds me way to much of my early teens (hell on earth). I purchased this as I need a cheap lipstick for my Halloween fancy dress. The packaging is fairly cheap looking, however when you open the tube you are hit by the scent of watermelon!! It is amazing smelling. Maybe not something you look for in a lipstick but still amazing. Miss Sporty claim the colour lasts for 6 hours but I would say more like 4-5 hours and is very shiny, if you want a matte lipstick this is not for you. But if you want bright red, sweet smelling with an average lasting look this is a great item.

Purchased for £2.59
click here to view item.

Number Two
This is the Barry M Lip Paint in Touch of Magic 334. I remember when this first came out years ago there was such a huge hype around it. For you lovelies who don't know about this colour, it is basically a lime green in the tube but when applied to your lips it is a glossy pink. The level of alkali level in you lips determine how pink it goes. I still love the colour of this, it has a formula enriched with aloe vera so it is really moisturising . Barry M claim the Lip Paint stays for 8 hours, I believe more about 6 hours. I really like this product :)

Purchased for £4.49
click here to view item.

Number Three
I love this colour it compliments any look and it is Rimmel London Lasting Finish Matte By Kate Moss in 03. It is a matte nude and is pretty much the same colour as my lips, but I think this may be one of the reasons I like it so much, I gives my lips a gentle gloss and Is just a nicer touch than a lip gloss. It has a pleasant smell, it isn't sticky, don't dry my lips out and long-wearing I don't ask for much more in a lipstick.

Purchased for £5.49
click here to view item.

Number Four
Again this is a Rimmel London Lasting Finish Matte By Kate Moss but in 107. Now I know that this shade is incredibly popular, which is why it took me two weeks of looking in boots, superdrug, wilkos and other Rimmel stockist to find it! This colour is AMAZING. It is a deep red with slight maroon shades sometimes (this might just be me). This is my ultimate winter lippy. Again its gives me everything I look for in a lipstick. Oh the only moan I have about the Kate Moss range is that it is just numbers I like lipsticks to have names, don't know why just do! Pretty trivial I know.

Purchased for £5.49
click here to view item. 

Number Five
This is a Body Shop Colourglide Lipstick in 22, which unfortunately they have discontinued. I'm not the biggest fan on these lipsticks I just liked the colour of this one. It has a high shine finish to it and is not very long lasting, but if your somewhere you can keep reapplying lippy its fine. The lipstick itself has basically become a mess as well. If it is not stored in a cool place it melts so quickly, I found this out thanks to the heat wave we had the summer just gone. I wouldn't recommend this product especially for £10, but I have got it and I like the colour so hay ho.

Purchased for £10.00
now discontinued

Number Six
This was the bragin of the century I think! This is a Lancome L'Absolu Rouge Lipstick in 006 Rose Nu. A year or two ago Lancome were rebranding their lipsticks and I picked this gem up for only £5 ! That's 75% off! This to me is how a lipstick should be, you take the lid of and you can smell it, it just smell how a high end lipstick should. The colour is rich long lasting, subtle and pretty. I am in love with this, I am so gutted its almost all gone. But I will definatly be repurchasing this lipstick at full price.

Purchased for £5.00 !!!
click here to view item

Number Seven
Right I only ever wear this lipstick when I am feeling incredibly brave! It is Rimmel London Colour Show Off Lipstick in 220 Shocking Pink. Yes shocking is the best way to describe it! This range has now been discontinued, which I think is a shame because when I am being brave this lipstick is long-lasting and moisturising. But ah well what do I know.

Purchased for £4.49
Now discontinued


I feel like I have share with you products you can't get any more I am sorry, but recommend all of the products which you can still get, good colours and good prices. 
If you have any of the above comment below and let me know what you think of them. Has anyone found a dupe for LancĂ´me ? 

Lots of Love 

No comments:

Post a Comment