Wednesday, 13 November 2013

My Eyebrows - Threading To Filling



I believe that brows are very important in any make-up look, they add shape and texture to the face. They literally can make or break the look. I have dark brows as I naturally am a very dark brunette. I have pretty much always had bushy brows, not on the scale of Cara Delevingne, but a fair size. Apart from that secondary school phase when everyone had stick thin brows.

I get my eyebrows threaded once a month and between threading I keep the tidy myself plucking stray hairs away. I get my eyebrows done in Walsall, where I am at University, in one of those stalls that pop up in shopping centres. It costs me only £4 and the beautician is great she is chatty and quick. Threading does hurt the first few times but you get used to it. The first time I ever had it done my eyes rain like a tap! You may be asking yourself now what is threading. Well threading is the ancient Indian art of hair removal which is renowned worldwide for its exceptional results. Using a piece of cotton to remove hair from its roots, gives exceptional results that last (on me) three to four weeks.

Filling in my brows took a lot of time to get used to when I first started to fill them in I used a Seventeen Sculpting Brow Pencil in Natural Brown. It is a good product and comes with a little brow brush. When I started to get my brows threading I started to take more care in sculpting them so I moved onto No7 Beautiful Eyebrow Pencil in Brown, again little negative to say about. I has a handy little brush in a lid at one end then the pencil on the other. This was a great product but now I have moved on to using powder. I am still experimenting with powder and am trying to find the right shade but at the moment I am using from the Sleek Au Natural 601 palette either Regal or Bark. I am finding these colours a good match and highly pigmented. I apply the powder with a Mac 208 Angled Brow Brush, I like this brush as it allows me to get a good straight edge on my brows near the nose. I prefer powder over a pencil as I found a pencil does not give as much definition and can go waxy/greasy over the day.

Thanks 

Danielle 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment